In “Hate U Give”, Angie Thomas has put forward the idea of raising our voices against racial discrimination. The book revolves around a teen girl who moves to the city and faces a challenge when a white cop brutally assassinates his black friend and how she protested against this.
Here are some insightful Quotes From The “Hate U Give”
– Don’t bottle up your feelings. Always speak out and make use of your voice.
– Everyone makes mistakes during their initial stages. It is us who have to choose between our problems and the one we love.
– The true definition of being brave is to fight back even though you are scared to death.
– Never let people demean you. Learn when to speak up under the right circumstances.
– The more we let other individuals let us down, the more it becomes normal for them.
– Never feel bad about your history; you cannot change it.
– We all remember the last moments of the death of our loved ones. It’s no fairy tale for us, but we should look out for a good ending.
– Wood can be destroyed but not a movement.
– The moment you see someone’s reason for being broken, you cannot possibly unsee it, and it would be looking at them as if they are naked.
– Instances of a murder of a black for just their skin colour have been common these days. Ensure you have the loudest voice if you ever witness this.
– Intensions are never pretty. In reality, they seem good on paper.
– People who protest against these symbolize hashtags that rarely get any justice.
– There is still an undying hope that one time just one time, it will end in a right and just way.
– Good-byes are the most painful when you do not have the person by your side.
– Every individual’s voice matters their intentions, and their actions can influence others in many ways, ways we cannot even imagine.
– There are barely any differences in these practices that were happening in Africa. The same thing continues in a different century with different faces.
– Americans are not quite quick to provide jobs to the black communities despite qualifications.
– There is a rage built up in the minds of the blacks when they see their loved ones suffer, and when it is activated, there is no looking back.
– Learn to be like the roses which can grow on the concrete.
– People say misery looks for company. The same case is with our anger too.
– We cannot regard a hairbrush as a gun.
– Never let anyone put their thoughts in your mind. Speak for your own and make use of your brain.
– No one complains about travelling to the Harry Potter world or their wands.
– The author had a talk with her parents about how she will react if she ever has an encounter with a cop.
– The father stated that the black girls are never too young to get killed or arrested.
– Funerals are not held for the dead ones. They are just for the livings.
– Fight every battle without the worry of being hurt or who you will hurt. Just give everything of yours.
– White people have a thought that it is kind of dope to be black.
– The whole Hogwarts was like kind of a gang. All the three friends would like to die before informing each other.
– The Saturdays are for recovering, whereas the Sundays are for repenting.
– Try to be master at knowing what to speak to whom.
– The most important part of a protest is that the people should never forget the reason for that protest and go on with the marching and shouting at the top of their voices.
– You cannot possibly murder an innocent when he is trying to open just a freaking door. And if that is what you do, you do not have the right to call ourselves a cop.
– The one whom the author called a hazel-eyed friend others gave him the title of a thug.
– God has provided us with a brain, and it can do many wonders. So we do not possible need others thoughts and ideas.
– People have various definitions of normal. Try to know what makes an individual less normal than you when you compare anyone.
– Never put aside your thoughts because you scared of anyone. Fear no one but God.
– There is a certain kind of hate some give to the blacks, which is what thug life is.
– Watch out what you speak and try not to sound like a white.
– Being real has nothing to do with what we belong to.
– You can let go of someone sometimes. Do not always wait for a person to change.
– Never stop yourself from doing the right things. There is still a chance that things can go rough if you always do the right thing.
– People sometimes get tired of assumptions.
– People act like they have a Fragile label on themselves, and they do not speak anything, which is the worst thing to do.
– Sometimes, we act as a light in someone’s darkness, but we never know when we will require some light of our own.
– The act of hoeing will be universal no matter what.
– The blacks crave their freedom. Freedom to have the power to know the destiny of all the blacks together.
– Talking cannot be regarded as doing anything. It will be always more beneficial than the stupid silence.
- 67+ Inspiring Quotes From The “Homegoing”
- Decoding Nelson Mandela: Leadership style, Personality, Traits, Qualities And More
- 51+ Inspiring quotes from “The Last Black Unicorn”
- 32 Undeniable Signs of INTJ Personality Type Individual
- Decoding Walt Disney: Leadership, Personality Style, Traits, Qualities And More
Marketing | Branding | Blogging. These Three Words Describe Me in The Best Way. I Am a Self-Taught Marketer with 10 Years of Experience. Helping Startups/ It Companies/ and Small Businesses to Enhance Their Business Through Branding and Marketing Ideas. On A Mission to Help Small Businesses to Be a Brand.