“The Four Agreements” by Miguel Ruiz makes us aware of our self-limiting beliefs, which hold back joy and cause unnecessary suffering. It uses Toltec wisdom to help people transform their lives to experience freedom and unadulterated happiness.
The Four Agreements Quotes
The Four Agreements are:
- Stay true to your word
- Refrain from taking things personally.
- Don’t assume things
- Always give your best
– The things other people do are not because of you but because of themselves. Don’t take things that happen around you personally; you are not the cause.
– When not clear on a situation, ask questions instead of making assumptions because assumptions only set us up for suffering.
– Real and true love is where people accept others just as they are without trying to change them.
– Develop the habit of asking questions and communicating to others exactly what you want.
– When you don’t give your best and live up to your potential, you deny yourself the chance to be you.
– When life takes something away from you, learn to let it go. When you let the past stay in the past, you will be able to enjoy and be fully alive in the present moment.
– When you decide to do something because you love it and not because you are looking for a reward, you will do your best work.
– To truly enjoy the dream you are living you have to let go of the past.
– You have been gifted with the ability of speech; use the power of your word to propagate love and truth. Don’t use it to demean yourself or others.
– Our desire to be perfect is the very reason we reject ourselves; it is the barrier to accepting ourselves the way we are and others the way they are.
– Be skeptical, but also learn to listen.
– The most effective way to heal is forgiveness. We can forgive others because we feel compassion for ourselves and no longer want to be hurt.
– Love will change your perception of everything. It will give you inner peace. Loving and being loved in return will produce happiness.
– At its core, life is quite simple and easy to understand. But we tend to overcomplicate it with all the beliefs and ideas we create.
– You may have a great many amazing ideas in your head, but what will make a difference in your ability to act on those ideas and bring them to fruition?
– Without action on an idea, there will be no results, no rewards, and no manifestations. The idea will eventually die.
– To make the right choices, the important thing is to trust yourself more than you trust others.
– We tend to judge other people according to the image of perfection we have created, and they fall short of that.
– To know the truth, go away inside and listen to your body; your body will never lie to you. Your mind may play tricks, but the feeling in your heart, your guts, is always true.
– The worst part of being in this cage is that most of us are unaware that we are trapped.
– Happiness is a choice, and so is suffering.
– I can never forgive myself for not being what I wish or believe I should be.
– Most of their lives, people try to be good enough for someone else and leave themselves last. They sacrifice their personal freedom to live according to someone else’s point of view.
– The main function of your mind is to dream. The mind dreams twenty-four hours a day. It dreams when the brain is awake, and it goes on dreaming when the brain is asleep.
– Being truly alive is the biggest fear of humans. Death is not our biggest fear; our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive and express ourselves fully. Just being our true selves is the biggest fear humans have.
– Nobody abuses us more than we abuse ourselves; we become our own Judge, Jury, and Victim.
– Every human is an artist in their own way. The dream of one’s life is to make beautiful art in every way one finds possible.
– Repeat this to yourself: I will not allow anyone to manipulate my mind and control my life in the name of love.
– We repress our emotions when we lose control over ourselves, not when we are in control.
– When you pay only once for each mistake, that is true justice. But when you pay more than once for the same mistake, it is a true injustice.
– The biggest difference between a warrior and a victim is that the warrior refrains, and the victim represses.
– Humans don’t truly know what they want, how they want it, and when they want it.
– Maybe it is so that we cannot escape from our destiny as a human, but what we have is a choice: to enjoy our destiny or to suffer our destiny.
– You express your own divinity by being alive and loving yourself and others from your heart.
– Whenever we come across an opinion and believe it, we make an agreement, and that opinion becomes a part of our belief system.
– We don’t need to justify love; it is either there or not.
– Your word holds power to change a life forever or destroy the lives of millions of people.
– We cast spells all the time with our opinions.
– The biggest sin you can commit is self-rejection.
- What Is Self-Motivation? Push Yourself to Achieve Your Goals
- What Makes Me A Good leader? 17 Qualities
- 25 Effective Calendar & Schedule Management Tips
- 25 Things You’ll Relate to If You’re an ESFP
- What Is Female Leadership And Why Is It Important?
Carol T. Mahaffey is a certified American Author And a creator of Theleaderboy. Carol is a Self-Taught Marketer with 10+ Years of Experience. She brings her decade of experience to her current role, where she is dedicated to writing books, blogs, and articles, inspiring the world on how to become a better Leader.