“The Four Agreements” by Miguel Ruiz makes us aware of our own self limiting beliefs which holds back from joy and causes unnecessary suffering. It uses Toltec wisdom to help people transform their lives to experience freedom and unadulterated happiness.
Here are some Quotes From “The Four Agreements”
-The Four Agreements are:
- Stay true to your word
- Refrain from taking things personally
- Don’t assume things
- Always give your best
– The things other people do is not because of you, it is because of themselves. Don’t take things that happen around you personally, you are not the cause.
– When not clear on a situation, ask questions instead of making assumptions because assumptions only set us up for suffering.
– The real and true love is where people accept the others just as they are without making attempts at changing them.
– Develop the habit to ask questions and communicate to others exactly what you want.
– When you don’t give your best and live up to your potential, you are denying yourself the chance to be you.
– When life takes something away from you, learn to let it go. When you let the past stay in the past, you will be able to enjoy and be fully alive in the present moment.
– When you decide to do something because you love it and not because you are looking for a reward, you will do your best work.
– To truly enjoy the dream you are living in you have to let go of the past.
– You have been gifted with the ability of speech; use the power of your word to propagate love and truth. Don’t use it to demean yourself or others.
– Our desire to be perfect is the very reason we reject ourselves; it is the barrier in accepting ourselves the way we are and others the way they are.
– Be sceptical, but also learn to listen.
– The most effective way to heal is forgiveness. We can forgive others because we feel compassion for ourselves, because we no longer want to hurt.
– Love will change your perception of everything. It will give you inner peace. Loving and being loved in return will produce happiness.
– At its core, life is quite simple and easy to understand. But we tend to over complicate it with all the beliefs and ideas which we create.
– You may a great many amazing ideas in your head, but what will make a difference is your ability to action on those ideas and bring them to fruition.
– Without and action on an idea, there will be no results, no rewards, no manifestations. The idea will eventually die.
– To make the right choices the important thing is to trust yourself more than you trust others.
– We tend to judge other people according to the image of perfection we have created and they fall short on that.
– To know the truth, go away inside and listen to your body; your body will never lie to you. Your mind may play tricks but the feeling in your heart, your guts is always true.
– The worst part of being in this cage is that most of us are not even aware that we are trapped.
– Happiness is a choice, and so is suffering.
– I can never forgive myself for not being what I wish to be, or what I believe I should be.
– Most of their lives people try to be good enough for someone else and leave themselves last. They sacrifice their personal freedom to live according to someone else’s point of view.
– The main function of your mind is to dream. The mind dreams twenty four hours a day. It dreams when the brain is awake and it goes on dreaming when the brain is asleep.
– Being truly alive is the biggest fear of humans. Death is not our biggest fear; our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive and express ourselves fully. Just being our true selves is the biggest fear humans have.
– Nobody abuses us more than we abuse ourselves; we become our own Judge, Jury and Victim.
– Every human is an artist in their own way. The dream of one’s life is to make beautiful art in every way they find possible.
– Repeat this to yourself: I will not allow anyone to manipulate my mind and control my life in the name of love.
– We repress our emotions when we lose control over ourselves, not when we are in control.
– When you pay only once for each mistake, that is true justice. But when you pay more than once for the same mistake, it is true injustice.
– The biggest difference between a warrior and a victim is that the warrior refrains and the victim represses.
– Humans don’t truly know what they want, how they want it and when they want it.
– Maybe it is so that we cannot escape from our destiny as a human, but what we have is a choice: to enjoy our destiny or to suffer our destiny.
– You express your own divinity by being alive and loving yourself and others from your heart.
– Whenever we come across and opinion and believe it, we make an agreement, and that opinion becomes a part of our belief system.
– We don’t need to justify love; it is either there or not there.
– Your word holds the power to change a life forever or destroy the lives of millions of people.
– We cast spells all the time with our opinions.
– The biggest sin you can commit is self rejection.
- 100+ Best Contract Negotiator Performance Review Phrases
- 41 Best Ways to Overcome the Fear of Failure
- Decoding Walt Disney: Leadership, Personality Style, Traits, Qualities And More
- 65+ Inspiring Quotes From “The Alchemist”
- 90+ Best Legal Consultant Performance Review Phrases
Carol T. Mahaffey is a certified American Author And a creator of Theleaderboy. Carol is a Self-Taught Marketer with 10+ Years of Experience. She brings her decade of experience to her current role, where she is dedicated to writing books, blogs, and articles, inspiring the world on how to become a better Leader.