The Book “Know My Name” is written by Chanel, where she describes the sexual harassment that she faced by Turner at Stanford University in 2015. The book contains the entire incident and the aftermath, and how the situation was handled in court.
Here are some insightful Quotes From “Know My Name”
– I huddled close to my truth, I listened and remained soft, and hence I survived.
– His potential was more valuable than her pain.
– When she looked back, she saw everyone who doubted her faded away, and she was the only one standing all long.
– You deserve joy, freedom, and safety in your life.
– The guy who assaults is the same who appears friendly and assists you.
– Even a good person can hide a bad quality in him, and that’s the most tarrying part of life.
– The first-ever question is “did you say no?” when someone is assaulted.
– You have to believe the person assaulted because she is the living proof.
– One needs to have patience for good things to come.
– Future is constructed day by day, and you need to understand that it is not promised.
– You can have a better future if you work hard little by little with your good actions.
– Don’t misbehave with anyone if you are worried about your reputation.
– For our happy endings, we don’t fight; instead, we fight for accountability.
– We should fight against the bad things because we don’t want others to bear the same pain.
– For the survivors, development is cyclic rather than linear, according to most people.
– Little girls turn into strong women who can destroy the world, and they don’t say little forever.
– Some books don’t have a happy ending because there is no end sometimes, and life goes on.
– You don’t need to be afraid; you need to be cautious.
– Your life can be unfolded in such ways that you might have never imagined before.
– Your loss of memory can become someone’s opportunity.
– It doesn’t matter how long and awful the journey is, but it will be lifted one day.
– Sometimes, being a victim is similar to not being believed.
– I will get on one if you can’t imagine me on a stage and when I’m underestimated.
– There will be some instructions that you will be thinking as impossible, but it will be instructed to you.
– You should decide what you are capable of and what things you can’t do.
– Always stay tender with your power and never become the one who hurts you.
– Never regret anything and always think you are not wrong at the place you are now.
– You are not a burden and limited; try expanding yourself.
– Confidence grows from what you have endured.
– When you find people experiencing things that you have already passed, that is history for you.
– Increase capacity to deal with awful feelings.
– Beautiful things are waiting for you, so think before you quit.
– It is the thin paper that divides between unthinkable violence and ordinary life.
– Sometimes, the happy part is that there is no end.
– If you deny the darkness, that doesn’t mean you are close to the light.
– Revenge is a tiny engine that victims are often accused of having.
– Women can notice everything, even micro-movements and they are trained too.
– It doesn’t mean that you can’t be the leader if you are slower and be at the rear.
– The world is not fixed, and you will learn it over time.
– I began to build myself the day he believed that he could break me.
– It becomes clear when you examine it closely.
– People refuse to see erasure which is a form of oppression.
– You must push back when they dehumanize you, objectify you and stereotype you.
– You need not prove to anyone that you are strong or not.
– Always fight to uplift rather than fighting for making injuries.
– Sometimes, we are made to doubt our abilities.
– Memory is always the victim’s greatest strength instead of her weakness.
– Hate is a very heavy thing to carry on and takes too much space inside someone.
– It is not someone’s responsibility to explain repeatedly to society if it isn’t ready to accept it.
– Always believe that everything you need to know is already with you, and you are what you wanted to be.
– There are many ways to look into a matter, and before concluding, we should think in all possible ways.
– You can survive all the days ahead if you get through the darkest night in your life.
– Adulthood is a series of endless losses.
– There will include more persons in your life who will hurt you instead of helping.
– Sometimes, the media won’t help you; instead, it will blame you.
– An apology is never valid without a change.
– Sometimes we hide the mountains by showing the silvers.
– Sometimes, victims in society tell us many inspiring stories.
– Nothing is simple in life like my assault came and went.
– If they don’t know me completely, they can never reject me too.
– It is good to create a self inside the suffering.
– Victims are whole and are not fractions.
– There may not be external motivation every time, so you need to have your motivation.
– Damage doesn’t stick to deadlines.
- 65+ Inspiring Quotes From “Moonwalking With Einstein”
- what is a sigma male? Personality Traits, Benefits, And Drawbacks Explained
- 25 Indicative Signs That You’re A ESTP Personality Type Individual
- 51+ Inspiring Quotes from “Just Mercy”
- 25 Signs You’re an ISFJ, the ‘Most Considerate’ Personality Type
Carol T. Mahaffey is a certified American Author And a creator of Theleaderboy. Carol is a Self-Taught Marketer with 10+ Years of Experience. She brings her decade of experience to her current role, where she is dedicated to writing books, blogs, and articles, inspiring the world on how to become a better Leader.