The book “A Little Life” by Hanya Yanagihara encapsulates a range of emotions that leaves the readers moved by the story in the end. The book surrounds the tale of love and friendship in the modern-day and explores some dark avenues in life yet explored.
A Little Life Quotes
– You might not understand what I mean now, but there will be a day you will.
– The trick to friendship lies in finding people better than you, kinder and generous.
– Appreciate what your friends have to teach you, and listen to what they have to say about your being.
– When your friends share some thoughts on your nature, trust them no matter how critical they might be.
– Things get broken, and often they can be repaired.
– In many cases, you’ll realize that no matter how damaged it gets, life finds a way to compensate for your loss. Often it leaves you stunned.
– We often ask why a friendship wasn’t as good, let apart better than a relationship.
Two souls decided to stay together, not motivated by physical attraction but simply by a mutual agreement to continue; such dedications can’t be codified.
– Friendship is a miracle on its own. Finding someone down the line appears miraculous, making the rest of the world seems a bit less lonely.
– I try to have a kind approach to all that I see. For everything I look at, I see him.
– He felt the singular pleasure of witnessing all those he loved fall in love with someone else.
– Often, he can’t remember who he is upon waking up. He would desperately ask who he was or where he was.
– All his knowledge came from books. Books tend to lie as they make things appear prettier than they are.
– Friendship lies in witnessing the other’s miseries drip slowly, long periods of boredom, and having occasional moments of triumph.
– Friendship lets you feel honored for having the privilege of being present for someone’s most dismal moments while knowing that you can be dismal around him.
– The privilege of being fair lies for happy souls.
– Fairness lies for those who had the chance to be lucky enough to live a life that was defined by certainties rather than ambiguities.
– When he would ask me in a confused fashion, I would reply that I was Willem Ragnarsson, and I would never let him go.
– It is viewed as a successful relationship in which both people have recognized the best of what the other person has to offer.
– He missed most of his own life.
– You are provided with something in the relationship, not everything.
– You have to identify which three qualities you have so that you can spend your entire life ahead.
– You will end up with nothing if you try to find everything in life.
– I wasted so much that I have become lost to the world.
– To refute it, I can hardly say anything about it.
– If happiness is something everyone should attain, there was a time when the pressure to achieve happiness felt oppressive.
– The relationship wasn’t officially recognized by history, and they were inviting their type of relationship.
A Little Life Quotes
– To consider whether life was meaningful or not had always seemed to him a very pushed kind of problem.
– The whole incident is a metaphor for life in general.
– Life constantly rearranges itself and compensates for your loss no matter what happens in your life.
– He could comprehend for the first time that the people he helped might betray him in the future.
– Most of them thought they would be friends for a decade, but hardly their friendship could last.
– You can learn and accept this if you are intelligent and lucky.
– You should try to answer your questions because life will happen to you.
– We want our children to be better than we are, and as human beings, we are unimaginative in that sense.
– Some people defend first and always by what they are missing.
– Successful people also strive to maintain their success, and it is a fact.
– To live for his own sake, it is somewhat impossible to convince someone.
– Morals and ethics have a place in law in reality.
Laws can be made with the help of morals and couldn’t be applied without its help.
– Fairness is always a consideration, and it is never an answer.
– Fairness is for the lucky people to live life-defining more certainties than ambiguities.
He has learned that what he has learned tells him to leave, and the things he has wished tell him to stay.
– The healthy logic of the sick is impossible to explain to him, and he didn’t have that energy too.
– Having friends matters when you have them as distinct characters inhabiting their own stories.
– If you discuss what has happened to you, you will find your way.
– There are two ways of forgetting things in life.
– Until it is wholly honed, you must work for it every night.
– He often wonders if anyone can love him as much as another person.
– The hypothesis of the empty set can explain the three concepts of nothingness.
– Often, you cannot unlearn the feelings you have.
- 100 Best Books on Self-Discipline and Self-Control
- 25 Things You’ll Relate to If You’re an ESFP
- ENFJ: The Protagonist (Extraversion, Intuition, Feeling, Judging)
- 100+ Books on Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem To Read All Time
- Introductory Guide To Disc Personality Type
Carol T. Mahaffey is a certified American Author And a creator of Theleaderboy. Carol is a Self-Taught Marketer with 10+ Years of Experience. She brings her decade of experience to her current role, where she is dedicated to writing books, blogs, and articles, inspiring the world on how to become a better Leader.