INTP ( Introverted, Intuitive, thinking, and Recovering ) and INFPs ( Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Perceiving). Well, both personalities look almost the same at first glance.
Both personalities are introverted by nature and prefer to have a small circle of friends who they trust.
They are passionate and pursue their careers. Also, they like to be independent and think outside of the box.
Even though they have similarities, they perceive the world in different ways.
And to understand their differences based on situations and other aspects better, here is what you will need.
- ISTP Vs. INFP Personalities
- Differences Between Dealing With ISTP and INFP
- Differences Between ISTP And INFP Personalities In Different Situations
- Work Environment
- Handling The Conflict
- Relationships, Emotions, and Feelings
- Similar Posts:
ISTP Vs. INFP Personalities
People with an INFP personality tend to be idealistic and adaptable. However, they are also reserved in their behavior.
Such personalities have high curiosity, often lost in their own thoughts.
ISTP enjoys it more when they are just on their own and have small groups of people.
Since they enjoy different thoughts, they tend to be good listeners and contemplate the thoughts of people around them.
Because of this, they are known as The Empaths.
People with the ISTP personality tend to have curiosity and be pragmatic and confident.
They tend to be spontaneous and unpredictable, but they are also quiet, which helps in thinking and processing the information internally.
Such a personality is also known as The Detective
Differences Between Dealing With ISTP and INFP
ISTP and INFP both share Introverted and Perceiving personalities.
This means that they prefer to be alone and also like to explore opportunities at the last minute.
INFP tends to be more emotional, intuitive, and creative whereas ISTP is present-focused and rational.
Not just differences make their approach differ but if they react differently to the situations too.
Apart from this, they have different ways of dealing with situations, it includes :
When They Are Resolving Conflict
- INFP tend to be more expressive on the emotional side.
- ISTP prefers to work logically and focus on getting the facts right.
- INFP retires to be open regarding their perspective and also avoid being too overly emotional.
- ISTP should listen and show empathy as well as consideration to do the communication calmly.
When It Comes To Building Trust
- INFP is likely to trust when they get an appreciation for the contribution they made and listen when they are talking.
- ISTP where’s trust when they get the thoughts openly shared and avoid taking things on a personal level.
When They Are Working Together
- INFP is a personality that brings creative thinking, empathy, innovative solutions and reading to the workplace.
- While ISTP brings attention to detail, fact-based answers, and logical processing.
- INFP can help in thinking about the impact that the decisions might bring with themselves.
- ISTP helps in shorting out the problems by taking the logical approach.
When They Are Dealing With Change
- Since they both share the Perceiving trait, INFP and ISTP tend to be more accepting of new situations.
- They have adaptable personalities who look for experiences that are unexpected and appreciate positive changes.
When They Are Managing Stress
- INFPs tend to get stressed when they face a negative attitude from others.
- While focusing on details or something too specific can be the reason.
- Also, they hate to disappoint people around them.
- When they have lack of time for themselves, this makes them feel stressed
- ISTP is someone who gets stressed if they have the pressure to commit a project which is for the long term.
- They hate doing routine which holds no purpose and monotonous tasks.
- They feel stressed when they spend too much of their time with others.
- They can get stressed if they don’t get enough time themselves as for recharging and get back to work.
- ISTP also gets stressed with interpersonal conflict and dealing with that.
What Motivates And Encourages Them
- INFP can feel motivated when they are helping to improve the lives of others
- Taking the time and spending it on themselves also makes them feel recharged.
- To motivate, they can consider contemplating philosophical challenges.
- Also, having flexible schedules that allow them to have changes makes them feel encouraged too.
- ISTP feels motivated when they divide things in two and figure out the right way to work.
- Also, they like the freedom to be on their own and independent.
- Apart from this, they feel motivated by new adventures and experiences that they never had.
- ISTP feels encouraged to find the solution to problems which was difficult and complex for others.
Differences Between ISTP And INFP Personalities In Different Situations
INFP has a personality that holds personal values, meaning, and harmony.
It’s important for them that the belief and action are syncing together.
INFP doesn’t take vacations if they believe it’s not right. Also, they are empathic, sensitive, and caring.
They are also supportive, depends, and private and don’t like to be boxed or limited by rules.
ISTP can move smiles when it comes to quiet bands to become the solving the problem
They can get incredibly buzzed when a focus situation needs to use their incredible stored knowledge.
The personality works differently when they are in the workspace; sometimes it can be good for someone it’s not, a wall to understand, here is what you will need.
When They Are Contributing To Team
- INFP is sensitive and gentle; they bring more sense of convection and what is right to do.
- They can be quiet and glued which keeps the team together and support great team spirit.
- ISTP will bring their stored knowledge and eps rei cones for the team, and they are great determined.
- However, they have a low boredom threshold, making them withdraw once they solve the problem.
When They Are Leading
- INFP prefer less visible roles as they have much strength when they are working from nack and supporting the rest.
- They use wisdom and insight but also lack the who when they are the leader.
- ISTP is got when it’s a crisis as they love the buzz and action taken for tackling the problem and difficulties.
- Also, they are not that good when it comes to not so good and tough as the negative side of leading people.
When They Are Being Managed
- INFP is someone who doesn’t want to be contained by rules, and they dispel when they have to follow the routine.
- Others might see them as gentle but difficult to understand and flexible.
- But they don’t appreciate the hard taskmaster and criticism.
- ISTP is someone who can be extremely independent and like to have freedom when they are in a working environment.
- Also, they have short bursts of energy if any practical problems have difficult action.
When They Have To Attention And Focus To Detail
- INFP is someone who is more spontaneous and flexible as they need the space and freedom to work the way they want to do it.
- Also, they dislike the routine and doing work that has no meaning at all.
- They are loyal as well as diligent and productive.
- ISTP are full on or full off nature; they have the right way at the heart of the detail and surprise others with their stored knowledge and data.
When It Comes To Being Creative
- INFP is creative and spontaneous as they are inhabits their internal world of imagination.
- They are not someone who bound themselves with tradition.
- Also, for them, the ideal world Is where they can get immersed and do meaningful as well as interesting tasks.
- ISTP is practical and prefers to concrete on factual things.
- They have the ability to focus on something so they can bring the most practical solution.
Handling The Conflict
Dealing with conflicts and undertaking are the right ways of finding the solutions, here are what differences you will get in both personalities.
What Will Be Their Initial Response To the Situation
- INFP has a deep desire when it comes to find harmony and balance.
- Also, they prefer to see whatever the good side Others have since they are into positive issues and interconnecting between the people.
- They are not someone who focuses on negative aspects.
- ISTP is a personality that likes to deal with difficult situations.
- Because of this, they can see something that nobody else did. Once it gets fixed, they will move on.
- Apart from this, they are not someone who seeks conflict but are impervious to their surroundings.
What Are Issues They Will Fight On
- INFP is someone who is caring and gentle.
- However, when they have personal value, it makes them outspoken and champion of the cause.
- ISTP has an intensely practical approach that only wants to find the solution of the problem or likes to address the problem.
- Also, they are practical and quickly want to get it done.
- They only give importance to personal feelings when it’s related to what needs to be done.
What Are The Conflict And Communication Style
- INFP does not like to deal with conflict. Also, they seek to be someone who brings harmony to the environment.
- INFP focuses on diffusing the tension and seeing things from a different perspective.
- They can be empathetic and someone who is a great supporter.
- ISTP is economically worse. Also, they are not being rude but desire to solve everything without any other problems.
- Also, they tend to be on point and get things done.
What They Feel After This
- INFP can get tired and lack energy when handling conflict, extended interaction with people, and aggression.
- Also, to get themselves recharged, they might need to go into their own inner sanctum where they reflect on what and how things affect them.
- ISTP is factual and the personalities live for the moment.
- For them, conflict is a small part of getting something fixed. And once they find the solution to such things, it makes them feel energized.
- However, talking to someone for too long can deplete their energy.
Relationships, Emotions, and Feelings
ISTP and INFP have different motivators, views, and values when it comes to the world; they have a part that is driven by their personalities.
Here are the points that can help you understand that.
INFP has two contrary characteristics, shyness and curiosity.
They are known to be someone who loves what is going on.
If they are not informed well, they will feel excluded and not like when they are in the center of attention.
ISTP has a tendency to either be completely in or completely off. They are passive bystanders until there is something that grabs their interest and practical problems required to be fixed and take over.
When They Are Dealing With Emotions
- INFP is someone who is extremely emotional.
- They can indeed be someone who can feel what others are feeling and even stay with them.
- They are tuned in and get insightful, which makes them happy in dealing with emotions.
- ISTP, although friendly, are factual and practical.
- Also, they don’t understand emotions well.
- Not just that, they tend to break things to get constituent parts and not like anything that can be irrational.
When They Are Sharing And Open In Feelings
- INFP can often display whatever their reactions towards their feelings. Instead of showing feelings and bottling things until it gets leaked at strange moments.
- This makes them hard to understand.
- ISTP is quite closed towards their emotional issues.
- It does not make the personality uncaring but sharing intuition and feelings.
- Apart from their others, they feel they compute with scientific nature.
What Are Their Drives And Values
- INFP is essential it gives them beliefs and actions, which gives them in sync at the time.
- INFP is unlikely to take action, which gives them more to believe.
- ISTP are thrill-seekers and love where they get their actions.
- However, they jumped in and experienced, which gives them quiet and passive.
- ENFJ vs. INFP Relationship: Key Differences
- Difference Between ISTJ and ISTP Personality
- ISTP: The Crafter (Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving)
- 25 Signs That You’re an INFP, the “Dreamer” Personality Type
- 20 Signs That You’re an ISTP, the Virtuoso Personality Type
Carol T. Mahaffey is a certified American Author And a creator of Theleaderboy. Carol is a Self-Taught Marketer with 10+ Years of Experience. She brings her decade of experience to her current role, where she is dedicated to writing books, blogs, and articles, inspiring the world on how to become a better Leader.