Hey folks, ever gotten stuck between ‘ENFJ’ and ‘INFP’ while exploring the world of Myers-Briggs personality types?
One’s the popular ‘Protagonist’, the other’s the dreamy ‘Mediator’. What gives? Stick around as we pull back the curtain on these two types.
We’ll dig into their traits, compare their strengths and weaknesses, and spill the tea on how they work in relationships, friendships, and work. Ready to dive in? Let’s get this show on the road!
What Is ENFJ?
ENFJ is an abbreviation for Extraverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging. It represents one of the 16 personality types according to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). ENFJs, also known as “Teachers” or “Mentors,” are outgoing and gain energy from social interactions.
They possess intuitive thinking, focusing on the bigger picture rather than the details. Making decisions based on personal values and considering others’ well-being characterizes their feeling nature.
ENFJs prefer structure, organization, and planning, exhibiting dependable and responsible traits. Known for their warmth and empathy, they excel in understanding and connecting with others.
Often drawn to professions like counseling, teaching, or social advocacy, ENFJs thrive in roles that involve supporting and guiding others.
What Is INFP?
INFP is an abbreviation for Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Perceiving. It represents one of the 16 personality types according to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).
INFPs are introverted individuals who draw energy from their inner world. They possess a strong intuition, focusing on abstract ideas and possibilities. Making decisions based on personal values and emotions characterizes their feeling nature.
INFPs have a preference for flexibility and adaptability, as they enjoy exploring various options. They are often described as compassionate, idealistic, and introspective individuals.
With a deep appreciation for beauty and a desire for authenticity, INFPs are drawn to creative fields, counseling, and professions that align with their values and allow them to make a positive impact on others.
The Differences In Dealing With ENFJ and INFP
ENFJ and INFP have different dealings depending on the situation.
Since their personality is not the same, they have approaches and understanding, which are quite different too.
Well, for understanding, here is what you might need.
When They Are Communicating
- INFP and ENFP personalities both have traits like Intuition and Feeling.
- It means that they tend to possess emotion and focus their attention on the bigger picture.
- However, INFP is reserved and flexible in its plans, whereas ENFJ is organized and outgoing.
- INFP are required to share their ideas openly, and ENFJ needs to be given the space to communicate.
When They Are Resolving Conflict
- INFP and ENFJ have both feelings and personalities, they require to focus on expressing what they are feeling, and while doing that, they require to be empathetic toward others.
- INFP and ENFJ dislike to do confrontation, and it’s important to address the conflict when it’s the correct time
- Also to avoid stress, INFP needs to share their perspective more openly.
When They Are Building Trust
- INFP is likely to trust when they are allowed to have their space and work alone and have the freedom to follow a schedule that is not that tight.
- ENFJ tend to trust when they have more consistency and spend time together to get to know others.
When They Are Working Together
- INFP and ENFJ are personalities who bring creative and empathic solutions to the workplace.
- INFP has a flexible attitude, whereas ENFJ has charisma.
- INFP can be helpful to learn things slowly and take them for themselves; ENFJ helps in learning better ways of communicating and doing it more openly.
When They Are Dealing With Change
- Well, due to the Perceiving traits, INFP tends to be more natural when they are accepting new situations.
- ENFJ might struggle when they are dealing with change; the personality has the tendency to plan everything in advance.
- INFP can be helpful in focusing on the positive aspects of what changes are bringing, it can help in creating the new routine and plans.
When Its About Managing Stress
- INFP can get stressed when they have to analyze the data or specific facts.
- Also, they are not comfortable with pessimism and negative mindsets.
- They can be stressed when they are spending too much time with people around them.
- Apart from that, considering the specifics and details which are too small can be an issue for them to cause stress.
- ENFJ can get stressed by getting criticism and judgment from others.
- Also, when they feel like they are a burden, it makes them feel stressed.
- They can’t focus on the specific details too closely.
- They feel uncomfortable when they have to face the negativity in the community.
When They Want Motivation And Encouragement
- INFP are personalities who feel motivated when they are listening and helping others.
- Also, they get motivated to be alone before they regroup.
- Apart from this, having flexible schedules is also helpful as it allows them room for doing the changes.
- Not just that, they get encouragement when they contemplate philosophical and complex challenges which are complex.
- ENFJ gets motivation and encouragement by forming connections with others,
- Also, making a difference in the community is a great booster for them.
- Attending to their own needs can encourage them.
- Feeling valued and loved by people who are around them makes them feel motivated too.
The Differences Between ENFJ and INFP In Different Settings
An INFP is someone who prefers to have meaning, personal values, and harmony.
It’s important for them to have their beliefs and action sync.
An INFP is not someone who doesn’t take action if they don’t believe what they are doing is right.
They can be sensitive, empathic, and caring as they are also a great supporter.
They can be deep and private but don’t like to be boxed in by rules and limitations.
Whereas ENFJ is people who are harmonious, warm, extremely organized, and caring.
They are one of those people who are ready to help whenever someone needs them.
They are insightful, authentic, and great at knowing what others might be feeling and understanding.
ENFJ can make people feel special, and they have an emotional heart.
However, they have the combination of being caring and bossy.
INFP and ENFJ bring caring and empathy; however apart from this, to know more about what else you get. Here is what can help.
When They Are Contributing In The Team
- INFP is sensitive and gentle and also brings conviction.
- Apart from this, they are more about what is the right thing to do.
- Even though they are quiet, they are the glue that makes them stick together.
- Also, they can support others greatly in team spirit.
- ENFJ will bring impetus and structure. Also, they make sure whatever the people need and take care of.
- They can capture the ideas so everyone can get the chance to contribute.
When They Are Leading
- An INFP is someone who prefers to not be so visible when they are in the role. However, they strengthen the working from backstage.
- They support others by using their wisdom, insight, and lack of ego, which doesn’t make them the best leaders.
- ENFJ assumes the leadership naturally as they are more into driving for closure.
- Also, they make sure that people feel happy and satisfied.
- They might even ignore their need for people and fulfill their passion as well as take action.
When They Are Being Managed
- INFP does not want to be constrained by the rules.
- They are not someone who likes the routine.
- Well, others might consider an INFP as someone who is gentle and flexible but someone who is hard to understand.
- Also, they don’t like criticism or being a hard taskmaster.
- ENFJ are naturally driven by service; they care and want to use the energy to achieve tangible outputs.
- Also, they want to have clarity, real meaning, and closure.
When They Have To Focus To Details And Attention
- INFP are spontaneous and flexible. However, they need their space when they are working.
- Also, they are not someone who prefers to have a routine and need to be part of something that makes it special.
- They are diligent, productive, and loyal.
- ENFJ is someone who prefers to have a plan, a clear picture, and everything beforehand regarding where they are going.
- Also, it helps them in working diligently towards achieving their goals.
- They are not comfortable if they are getting too many options. ENFJ needs closure.
When They Need To Be Creative
- INFP are creative and spontaneous; they have an imagination that is not limited by traditions.
- Instead of that, they look for the ideal world where they can immerse themselves and do meaningful tasks.
- ENFJ focuses on people and organizations so they are not really creative.
- They make sure that everyone agrees on the tasks and do them according to them.
Handling The Conflict
Different personalities have their way of dealing with conflicts, not just it makes them important for knowing what you will get if you have the personality of ENFJ or INFP; here is what might help.
What Their Initial Response To Conflict
- INFP has a deep desire for harmony and balance, along with preferring to see what is good in people.
- Also, it focuses on positive issues and has interconnections between the people instead of connecting with the negatives.
- ENFJ has twin attributes that give the sign of being organizational and ability which means they have interconnections between the people.
- They can pick the clues and work tirelessly to solve the issues that people are going through.
What Are The Issues They Will Fight
- INFP are people who are caring and gentle and have their surprisingly crusading side.
- Also, they have a personal value that becomes uncharacteristically outspoken along with the champion.
- ENFJ are enthusiastic people who want to be sure and make sure that people are taken care of.
- They have excellent networking and easily tune in with people. Because of this, they are popular among their colleagues.
What Are Their Communication And Conflict Style
- INFP does not like to face conflict, also, they seek to be someone who wants to bring harmony.
- It also makes sure that diffusing the tension along with seeing the perspective of others people, not just that they are excellent support and empathic friends.
- ENFJ is confident and articulate, not just that they are tenacious.
- They are voted as the committee chairperson and leader.
- Everyone knows that the personality is someone who can be readable and depend as they fight for the cause.
What They Feel After This
- INFP is aggressive, and conflicts, even when extended interaction with people can drain their energy.
- And once they do, they will disappear back into their inner sanctum and reflect deeply making it feel recharged.
Relationships, Emotions, And Feelings
INFP is the personality who is not that out in public, whereas ENFJ is people.
However, even though they have different personalities, they have their ways of dealing with relationships, feelings, and emotions.
And to know about that, here is what you need to know.
When They Are Around
- INFP have two contrasting characteristics; they are shy and curious.
- Also, they love knowing what to do to keep going and being excluded if they are not informed.
- Also, they don’t like being the center of attention as they shun being in the limelight.
- ENFJ is insightful and empathic. They feel, make and see the connections with others.
- Also, they are people and action-oriented; they make sure that whatever they do is planned already, scheduled, and organized so the people can be happy.
When They Dealing With Emotions
- INFP are emotional, and they can incredibly feel what others are feeling.
- Also, they stay with it, tuneful and insightful, which makes them happy in dealing with emotions.
- ENFJ is emotional, but they are more focused on others.
- They are tuned and bring empathy to an incredible level.
- They have the organization ability which they bear; apart from this, they can get the emotional out when they are feeling too much and giving too much.
When They Are Sharing Feelings And Openness.
- INFPs often display their reactions to feelings instead of what they are feeling.
- They might get bottled up to what they feel and leak out in strange moments.
- This makes them someone who is difficult to understand for a lot of people.
What Drives And Values Them
- INFP feels it essential that their actions and beliefs are in sync.
- They are unlikely to do any action if they do not believe that it’s right or not.
- ENFJ is tuned to other people; they are someone who has thin boundaries on psychological eval.
- They are always at risk of getting hurt and to those who are someone less sensitive.
- This takes on more burdens dealing with others, and sometimes they can bear them.
ENFJs and INFPs, although distinct in many ways, both possess unique qualities that contribute to their individual strengths. Understanding these personality types can help foster better communication, cooperation, and appreciation among individuals with different preferences.
By harnessing their strengths and recognizing areas for growth, ENFJs, and INFPs can navigate various aspects of life more effectively, whether it’s in leadership, relationships, or personal growth.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can an ENFJ and an INFP have a successful relationship?
Yes, An ENFJ And An INFP Can Have A Successful Relationship. Their Differing Traits Can Complement Each Other, As Long As They Communicate Effectively And Respect Each Other’s Needs And Values.
Are ENFJs and INFPs good career counselors?
Both ENFJs And INFPs Can Excel As Career Counselors Due To Their Empathy, Intuition, And Understanding Of Individual Values And Goals.
Do ENFJs and INFPs prefer structured or flexible environments?
ENFJs Tend To Prefer Structured Environments As It Allows Them To Plan And Organize Effectively. INFPs, On The Other Hand, May Appreciate More Flexible Environments That Allow Room For Creativity And Individual Expression.
Can an ENFJ develop INFP-like qualities or vice versa?
While Individuals May Exhibit Traits From Different Personality Types To Some Extent, Their Core Preferences Typically Remain Stable.
However, Personal Growth And Experiences Can Broaden Their Perspectives And Enhance Certain Qualities.
How can an ENFJ and an INFP resolve conflicts in a relationship?
Open And Honest Communication Is Key To Resolving Conflicts Between An ENFJ And An INFP. Both Parties Should Strive To Understand Each Other’s Perspectives And Find Common Ground While Respecting Each Other’s Needs And Values.
More To Explore:
- 25 Signs You Are An INFP: The Idealist Personality Type
- A Guide To ENFJ Personality Type: Empathy and Connection
- ISTP Vs INFP Relationship: Key Differences
- ENFP Vs. ENFJ Personality: Key Differences
- 50+ ENFJ Famous People From Hollywood To History
“Vision, strategy, and inspiration – these three words describe me the best. I am the founder of “TheLeaderboy” dedicated to leadership and personal development. As a self-taught practitioner, I have been studying the principles of effective leadership for the past decade and my passion lies in sharing my insights with others. My mission is to empower individuals to become better leader